CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 8, 2008

The best birthday present

So, I'm sitting at home this last Friday after work, it's a rainy day and I got all cuddled up on the couch in a blanket waiting for Josh to get home from work at any minute. I put in a movie and about 10 minutes later i hear a knock at the door. I'm kinda wondering why in the world Josh would be knocking at the door but I'm not expecting anyone else. I think about it for a few seconds and then go to the door and hear a knock again. I decide to open it. When I open the door I see my adorable niece Makenna standing there with her suitcase, Josh with a camera and my mom standing there smiling. I don't do surprises so I am in complete shock because I have no idea that my niece was going to be coming to visit me. When I finally realized what was going on, I could not be more excited. I miss my niece so much and it's so hard being away from her. We are best buds and I love every minute I get to be around her. My mom knows this so by birthday present to me was to bring my niece up to see me. It was so awesome and so much fun having her here for the weekend. On Saturday we went to the Downtown Aquarium in Denver which I have been wanting to go to all summer long but Josh has been holding me off so that we could go with Makenna. Well, since that didn't take all day, we could see Six Flags from the Aquarium and Makenna said that she wanted to go there. So, we headed over to Six Flags for the rest of the day and had so much fun. Makenna went on the Ferris Wheel and the Rapid ride and got soaked but she just laughed about it. We had to take them back to the airport on Sunday so Makenna could get back to school on Monday. But having them here this weekend was the best birthday present I could ask for and I actually had no idea that it was coming. Thank you so much Mom and Sherman for doing this for me. I'm so thankful that Josh was nice enough to sleep on the couch so that Makenna and I could have a slumber party together for a couple nights.



Leaving Six Flags after a long day





Makenna loved the Choo Choo

She was dying to get her face painted...of course I gave in

Nonie hates the Ferris Wheel...Kenna thought she was a scaredy cat!



HAHA...this was hilarious





Uncle Josh helping shoot some kids with a foam ball





First ride on the Ferris Wheel...she wasn't scared at all







Looking under the fish tank





We were looking at Six Flags through this thing

Hanging out at home

Kenna chasing the bubbles

Chillin with Bruce



She's a scuba diver

3 comments:

Jenny said...

i can see why she didn't want to come home.. she had soo much fun! I am glad you enjoyed your lil surprise, as much as she enjoyed you. these pictures are so great..she looks soo happy! Happy Birthday Tomorrow!! Love you and miss you sista!! xox i didn't forget josh-happy late birthday bro. love ya too!

Celeste Caldwell said...

Happy late birthday girl!! What an awesome surprise!! Looks like you guys had a blast. What a cutie niece ya got. Coming to AZ any time soon??

Jenny said...

Kenna wanted to say hi! She loves these pics, her face lit up with each one! She can't wait to go back to the amusement park, and bring us along too. so we will have to plan that for next year. hope all is going well. have a great weekend!